Monday, March 30, 2015

Fabric Map Finishes!

I've been keeping secret finishes from you guys. Well, here on the blog anyways. I've posted everything to Instagram so feel free to look there to see the latest from me. I've been going swap crazy lately. Not sure what the deal is with that and what's going on. I think I just want to be busy while my hubby is away for training. Sigh...7 more months to go. Swaps swaps swaps to keep my mind clear of any potential emotional meltdowns. It hasn't been an easy transition into the military lifestyle but it'll come. It'll get easier. I'll be fine. Actually, I feel like I'm finally getting past the initial shock of him falling off the face of the Earth. I get really excited when he calls but also very depressed when we hang up. It's like a reminder that's he's gone and won't be calling again for another week or so. That's the Army life! 

Anyways! Enough about that. But I do really appreciate everyone's concern about my depression. I'm feeling my normal self again so worry no more! Now. About the mini quilts....

The first one is for the #rainbowminiswap on instagram. My partner named a bunch of designer favorites and among them was Anna Maria Horner. Umm..Yeah! I can definitely work with that. I have a slew of AMH scraps I can use for my partners mini. I was looking through her inspiration mosaic and other means of inspirational social media and what not...and came upon a fabric map. Of course being a quilter...I automatically thought. Yes. I'm making that. No pattern required. I'll wing it. And so my fabric map adventures began. I will be posting a tutorial on it as soon as I'm done writing it up. Next post, I promise. Don't go too far or you might miss it. It'll be up on the tutorial tab though.


Fabric Map


The second fabric map will be donated to my church youth group. They're trying to raise money for a pioneer trek. A silent auction will be taking place and various items and services will be donated for that. I thought a map would be fitting for the occasion. I chose a vintage modern fresh pallet on a buttery yellow solid. Hope it gets lots of high bids for the youth!

Fabric Map


So stay tuned for the tutorial/pattern coming soon!

Thanks for stopping by!
post signature

8 comments:

  1. I have seen the fabric maps on pinterest and thought it would be so nice to make one. Waiting in Texas for your tutorial. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for the tutorial/pattern. I love these so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! You got amazing detail on the map.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew my son (25) would go nuts over this map and I was right. He strongly hinted that I needed to copy you immediately. It is gorgeous. Good luck with your home situation. I can't imagine the ups and downs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh! I can't wait to see the pattern for this! Both of them are just amazing!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love it!!! Yes please do share, I could never figure it out by myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love the tutorial once you get the chance.

    ReplyDelete

I reply to every single comment. If you don't get a response from me...you are a no-reply blogger. Check your blogger settings to show your email so you can get replies & notification of giveaway winnings! Leave your email if you're unsure!